British Gas - Pay As You Go Energy
British Gas charges different rates depending on the region of the country that you live in. Please provide your postcode to view prices for this tariff as well as to compare all other tariffs in the market to see which one is the cheapest for you.
Compare British Gas prices
9 out 10 can save money!
- British Gas Standard rates
- Variable rate tariff - energy prices may go up or down.
- This tariff has a standing charge.
- Available to key prepayment meters only with Actaris “KBD” on the front.
- No IGT charges.
- Dual fuel or single fuel available.
- No early termination fees.
- Notes: For electricity customers paying by magnetic payment card, an additional charge of 2.000 p/kWh will be applied to Tier 1 prices up to a maximum of £2.50 per quarter. For gas customers paying by magnetic payment card, an additional charge of 0.373 p/kWh will be applied to Tier 1 prices up to a maximum of £2.50 per quarter.
As the nation's leading energy supplier, more people choose British Gas to supply energy to their homes than any other supplier. British Gas is a British-owned company. As part of the Centrica Group, they provide gas, electricity and home repair services to millions of customers in Scotland, Wales and England.
British Gas have more than 6 million customers of electricity and account for approximately 50% of the UK's domestic gas market. They employ more than 12,000 staff in their UK based call centres and over 8,000 highly trained CORGI registered engineers.
Home gas and electricity price comparison
Other British Gas tariffs
- Clear & Simple
- Clear & Simple with EnergySmart
- Sustainable Energy
- Sustainable Energy with EnergySmart
- Online Variable May 2014
- Online Variable May 2014 with EnergySmart
- Price Promise July 2014
- Price Promise July 2014 with EnergySmart
- Price Promise April 2015
- Price Promise April 2015 with EnergySmart