EDF Energy is one of the UK's largest energy companies and is also the UK's largest producer of low-carbon electricity. A wholly-owned subsidiary of the EDF Group, one of Europe's largest energy groups, they generate around one fifth of the UK's electricity and employ around 15,000 people. EDF supplies electricity and gas to approximately 5.5 million residential and business customers, making EDF the biggest supplier of electricity by volume in the UK.
Over a quarter of the UK population benefit from EDF Energy's distribution of electricity. As well as being an energy supplier, EDF are also a major generator of electricity
Previous brands now incorporated into EDF Energy include London Energy, SWEB Energy and Seeboard Energy. The combination of EDF Energy and British Energy in 2009 made it one of the UK's largest energy companies, and the UK's largest producer of electricity.
EDF Energy tariffs
|Blue +Price Promise February 2015||Compare|
|Blue +Price Promise February 2015 with Gas Offset||Compare|
EDF Energy related news
- Sources claim a deal is close at hand in EDF nuclear plans
- EDF Energy's Vincent de Rivaz to quit UK if Hinkley Point talks fail
- ScottishPower Sets Out Plans for 2,500 New Jobs
- Big Six energy supplier EDF Energy Launches Blue +Price Promise tariff
- French expert warns EDF may have to pull out of nuclear developments