EDF Energy is one of the UK's largest energy companies and is also the UK's largest producer of low-carbon electricity. A wholly-owned subsidiary of the EDF Group, one of Europe's largest energy groups, they generate around one fifth of the UK's electricity and employ around 15,000 people. EDF supplies electricity and gas to approximately 5.5 million residential and business customers, making EDF the biggest supplier of electricity by volume in the UK.
Over a quarter of the UK population benefit from EDF Energy's distribution of electricity. As well as being an energy supplier, EDF are also a major generator of electricity
Previous brands now incorporated into EDF Energy include London Energy, SWEB Energy and Seeboard Energy. The combination of EDF Energy and British Energy in 2009 made it one of the UK's largest energy companies, and the UK's largest producer of electricity.
EDF Energy tariffs
|Blue +Price Freeeeze July 2017||Compare|
|Blue+Price Promise February 2016||Compare|
|Blue+Fixed Prepay October 2016||Compare|
EDF Energy related news
- EDF opens new offshore wind farm and gas power plant
- OVO unveils energy tariff priced less than £1,000
- Greg Barker Criticises Energy Firms Failure To Include All Customers In Tariff Cuts
- Consumer Futures' Data: nPower Most Complained About Supplier
- Npower set to reduce energy bills by 2.6% by end of February