The Scottish Power Group supplies utility services to millions of customers across Great Britain and the Western United States of America. Their combined sales total nearly £6.5 billion. Scottish Power's ten year record since privatisation has included significant organic growth as well as key acquisitions in the UK and US utilities sectors.
Scottish Power are one of the UK's "Big 6" energy suppliers, serving 3.5 million homes. They have been supplying homes with Gas and Electricity for over 50 years. Scottish Power not only generate electricity, but also operate and maintain large power delivery networks, and provide a full range of energy supply services, including metering, billing and call centre support. They have named themselves 'The Energy People'
Scottish Power is committed to the environment. For many years they have been implementing a range of renewable electricity initiatives, such as building wind farms, turning waste to energy and using hydro-power to help meet energy needs. Scottish Power are the UK's largest wind farm developer and plan to deliver wind farm energy to around 250,000 homes.
Scottish Power tariffs
Scottish Power related news
- Ofgem tells 'Big Six' suppliers to cough up £400m from switched accounts
- Four UK energy suppliers opt to join automatic refund scheme
- MP accuses energy suppliers of 'ripping off' bill payers who pay in cash
- Which? survey reveals dissatisfaction with 'Big Six' energy suppliers
- Labour accuses 'Big Six' energy firms of overcharging customers £4bn