SSE - (old) oplan
SSE charges different rates depending on the region of the country that you live in. Please provide your postcode to view prices for this tariff as well as to compare all other tariffs in the market to see which one is the cheapest for you.
Compare SSE prices
9 out 10 can save money!
- 100% renewable electricity.
- Electricity emissions offset.
- Additional tonne of gas emissions offset.
- Variable rate tariff - energy prices may go up or down.
- This tariff has a standing charge.
- Online billing - view your bills online.
- Pay by Monthly Direct Debit or Variable Direct Debit (quarterly).
- Dual fuel or electric only available - there is no gas only option.
- No IGT charges.
- No early termination fees.
- Notes: SSE will offset 1.8 tonnes of carbon dioxide through the purchase of good quality carbon offsets every 12 months you remain a customer. This is equivalent to the total electricity emissions for the average customer (based on 3300kWh electricity usage). They will also offset an additional tonne of carbon dioxide from your gas usage (based on average consumption, this equates to around a quarter of a customer's annual gas emissions) every year. The electricity consumed by oplan customers is matched by electricity that has the Renewable Electricity Guarantee of Origin (REGO). The annual consumption of electricity used by oplan customers is matched with the equivalent amount of electricity generated from large scale hydro sources input to the National Grid.
SSE is part of the SSE Energy Group.
SSE is a FTSE 100 company and one of the largest integrated electricity and gas companies in the UK. Incorporating the supply businesses of Scottish Hydro, Southern Electric, SWALEC, Atlantic and Airtricity they supply over 10 million customers throughout England, Ireland, Scotland and Wales. SSE is a full service energy provider with more than 50 years of experience in the generation, transmission, distribution and supply of energy.
SSE is independently-recognised as the best energy supplier for customer service and is the UK's leading generator of electricity from renewable sources.