100-year-old man dies in house fire

Switch for the chance to WIN a pair of amazing Apple AirPods

 
Switch energy supplier to save up to £447* a year and the chance to win a pair of amazing Apple AirPods (T&Cs apply)
 

in partnership with Banner uswitch

Looking to switch your business energy supplier? Click here

* Between 1 Jul 2018 and 31 Dec 2018, at least 10% of people who switched energy supplier for both gas & electricity with uSwitch saved £447 or more.

A man believed to be 100 years old has died in a house fire, police in Greater Manchester have said.

The man was pronounced dead at the scene after the fire in Hilton Lane, Prestwich, early this morning.

A 93-year-old woman was pulled to safety after emergency services attended the scene at about 00:40 BST this morning.

She has been taken to North Manchester general hospital and is said to be in a serious condition. It is understood that she is the elderly man's wife.

A Greater Manchester police spokeswoman said that inquiries are continuing into the cause of the fire.

Click here to run an energy price comparison, and see if you could be paying less for your gas and electricity.


Cookies help us deliver our services. By using our services, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn more