Homeworkers should check their insurance

Fix energy prices until 30th September 2017

Looking to switch your business energy supplier? Click here

Use our OFGEM accredited comparison tool to compare the whole market today.

People who work from home should ensure that their insurance gives them adequate protection, it was argued this week.

The Association of British Insurers (ABI) warned that conventional home contents insurance policies may not give the right sort of cover they need, whether they are self-employed or employees.

Specialist equipment and sensitive paperwork may not be covered to the right level or even at all by conventional domestic contents policies, while the sort of risks that using one's home as a place of work may expose a homeworker's person and property to can also require specialist kinds of insurance.

Self-employed people working from home need specific business cover for their homes in these circumstances, the ABI insisted, while for employees, it may be necessary for their employers' insurance to provide cover.

"If there are clients visiting your home you need to make sure that your employer has that in their liability insurance coverage," spokesperson Malcolm Tarling said.

Click here to run an energy price comparison, and see if you could be paying less for your gas and electricity.

Found this page interesting?

Help spread the word and share this page with your friends and family on your social networks.