Brits urged to inform insurer when driving outside the EU

Fix energy prices until 30th September 2017

Looking to switch your business energy supplier? Click here

Use our OFGEM accredited comparison tool to compare the whole market today.

British motorists have been urged by an online insurance provider to inform their provider when they are travelling outside the EU.

Adrian Webb, head of corporate communications for esure, said that people lose all of their cover when they travel outside of the area, meaning they could technically be driving illegally.

He advised that drivers talk to their brokers about travelling abroad by car to see if they can agree a deal on the issue.

"If you're travelling somewhere outside the EU you have to let your insurer know, you have to get it agreed with them," he explained.

"If you're going to somewhere outside the EU but somewhere that's still relatively ok, you may find your insurer will still cover you. But you need to have that conversation with them."

The British Insurance Brokers Association has echoed the advice, saying that motorists should make sure they have their car serviced before they take it abroad, while also familiarising themselves with motoring laws in their country of destination.

Click here to run an energy price comparison, and see if you could be paying less for your gas and electricity.

Found this page interesting?

Help spread the word and share this page with your friends and family on your social networks.