Extending home insurance 'a good idea'

Fix energy prices until 30th September 2017

Looking to switch your business energy supplier? Click here

Use our OFGEM accredited comparison tool to compare the whole market today.

Extending a home contents insurance policy so it covers personal property taken on holidays is "a good idea", according to an expert.

Ian Crowder, public relations manager for the AA, said that while there can be limits to the cover available, it can have several benefits for those who regularly travel abroad regularly.

He explained that if people lose an expensive camera while abroad or damage any of their belongings, they can claim off their home insurance policies.

The expert then went on to outline how it can also reduce the cost of other forms of cover related to trips abroad.

"If you are taking out travel insurance, you don't need to include the baggage element because that is covered with your home insurance," he added.

Recent research by Zurich Private Clients found that one in ten people do not have insurance for their holiday homes.

According to the study, the average holiday home includes valuables worth up to £15,200.

Click here to run an energy price comparison, and see if you could be paying less for your gas and electricity.


Found this page interesting?

Help spread the word and share this page with your friends and family on your social networks.