Expert outlines holiday home insurance needs

Fix energy prices until 30th September 2017

Looking to switch your business energy supplier? Click here

Use our OFGEM accredited comparison tool to compare the whole market today.

Emergency travel and public liability cover have been described by an expert as two factors that those taking out holiday home insurance should consider.

Ian Crowder, public relations manager at the AA, said that while some people may choose to consider insurers based abroad, they may not provide such factors within their deals.

He explained that by taking out his company's insurance policy, people would be covered for loss of rent if damage to a property means it cannot be let.

The expert went on to discuss why emergency travel cover could also prove vital when owning a home abroad.

"If you suddenly get a call from the people who are staying in your house, and they say: 'Something terrible has happened – we've had a bit of a fire in the kitchen', then you need to get out there and sort it out," he said.

Recent research by Zurich Private Clients found that one in ten people do not have insurance for their holiday homes.

It is also though that such a property includes valuables worth over £15,000.

Click here to run an energy price comparison, and see if you could be paying less for your gas and electricity.


Found this page interesting?

Help spread the word and share this page with your friends and family on your social networks.