Comparing boiler & heating cover

What to look out for

  • Be aware of the different levels of cover available to you - not all policies are the same!
  • Do you need 'boiler only' or 'boiler and central heating cover'?.
  • Check within the policy what the cover considers an 'emergency'
  • You don't have to take cover out with your current gas or electricity supplier

Just like you take out a breakdown insurance policy for your car, home owners can do the same with their boiler and central heating to ensure that if your boiler or central heating breaks down at the most inconvenient moment you are covered to get it fixed quickly.

Two types of cover available

Boiler only cover

Does what it says and covers just the boiler and the boiler controls.

Boiler & Central Heating cover

This type of cover will cover the boiler, the controls but also the central heating system itself. This may include radiators, pipes and thermostats. However, while some policies may cover all these extras others may not, so always check then policy details to make sure what exactly the cover includes.

British Gas Services Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority for its insurance mediation activities. Registration number 490568. You can check on the FSA's register by visiting the FSA's website or by contacting the FSA on 0845 606 1234 (call rates may vary).

[1] Prices available to new customers for the first year (Paying by Direct Debit) and applies to most households outside the M25. Prices for households within the M25 will vary. Prices are subject to change. Your breakdown history will be taken into account in determining next year's pricing.

[2] Limits apply, please see full Terms and conditions.