Who is the cheapest energy provider?
Trying to define the cheapest energy provider or gas and electricity tariff isn't necessarily straightforward, as each provider has a number of different tariffs available with different features that would suit different people. Also, each energy supplier has different costs depending on where in the country you live and how you prefer to pay your gas and electricity bills. Having said that we can still look at the cheapest gas and electricity tariffs available.
The table below shows the cheapest dual fuel tariffs currently available through UK Power. This table assumes you will pay by monthly direct debit and have a average level of energy usage. Generally speaking, the cheapest tariffs are typically online tariffs where the customer pays via monthly direct debit, however this may not be suitable for every customer so it's best to carry out a full comparison to find the best cheap energy plan for you.
* This is an exclusive offer to customers of this page who apply online and opt to pay their energy bills via direct debit. Please ensure you use this page/link if you wish to return at a later stage. Terms and conditions apply.
Change your gas and/or electricity supplier and receive up to £30 cash back!
- £15 cashback will be paid for either a single gas or single electricity change to a new supplier.
- £30 cashback will be paid if you choose a dual fuel tariff. Dual fuel means having both your gas and electricity supplied by the same supplier.
Terms and Conditions
- This offer is provided by UK Power Limited (“UKPower”) registered in England No. 3236875. Registered Office: Aston House, Cornwall Avenue, London, N3 1LF.
- This offer is only available to residents of Great Britain. Residents of the Channel Islands or Northern Ireland are not eligible.
- Cashback is only available on tariffs available through UKPower.co.uk where an “application page” is present and is not applicable if you apply via any other link or direct to the supplier.
- UKPower reserves the right to withdraw this offer at any time and without providing notice. In the event of the offer being withdrawn payments will only be honoured for applications completed prior to the removal of this offer.
- This offer is restricted to the Gas & Electricity service and is not applicable to any of the other services on www.ukpower.co.uk.
- A change of supplier will be considered completed only once we have received confirmation of the change from your new supplier(s).
Cashback is only applicable to customers who:
- Apply where the source of their transactions is the following URL: http://www.ukpower.co.uk/home_energy/cheapest-energy-supplier
- Apply online (applications made over the phone are exempt from this promotion).
- Apply to pay their energy by monthly direct debit.
- The cashback method of payment will be via BACS to the same account details as entered in the payment details section of the application form.
- Cash payments will not be permitted.
- Cashback payments are restricted to one per household in any 9-month period.
- UKPower does not accept any liability for any events which prevent you from changing your gas and/or electricity supplier.
- UKPower reserves the right to alter these terms and conditions at any time without providing notice.
- The decision of UKPower in respect of this promotion shall be considered final.
Frequently Asked Questions
When will payment be made?
Payment will usually be made within 2-3 months (certain cases may take up to 6-months) after you complete your change. This allows sufficient time for the transfer to complete and the supplier to notify us this has happened.
How much will I be paid?
If you decide to change just your electricity or gas supplier then you will receive a payment of £15 per fuel. If you decide to change to a new dual fuel supplier you will receive a payment of £30.
Will I receive two payments if I change both Gas and Electricity?
Yes. A £15 payment will be made per successful fuel application.
How will payments be made?
Payments will be made at the discretion of UKPower via BACS transfer to the account details provided by the applicant during the application process.
Is the cashback offer available through other UKPower services?
No. This cashback offer is only available through the domestic Gas and Electricity comparison.
Will I only receive a payment if I change supplier on-line?
Yes. This offer is available to customers applying online only and not those applying via the telephone.
|Supplier||Tariff||Average Annual Bill*|
|Premium Energy Saver||£899||Continue »|
|iSave Fixed May 2016 v3||£899||Continue »|
|Fresh Fixed Price Sept 2016 v1||£913||Continue »|
|Online Fixed Price Energy May 2016||£941||Continue »|
|Fair & Square May 2016||£944||Continue »|
|Price Fix July 2016||£951||Continue »|
|Better Energy Fixed (all online)||£954||Continue »|
|SE Fixed Price May 2016||£954||Continue »|
|Rate Saver 18 Month Fixed 1504 (online billing)||£957||Continue »|
|Blue+Price Promise June 2016||£964||Continue »|
*Based on usage of 3,200kWh of electric per year and 13,500kWh of gas per year. Shows average price across all regions. Assumes payment is made by monthly direct debit. Only showing tariffs which are generally available across most of the UK
Please note: not all of these tariffs will be available to everybody, so the best way to find the cheapest energy plan for you is to compare the whole market. This takes just a couple of minutes and is easy to do using our fully Ofgem accredited energy comparison tool – just enter your postcode below.
Start your energy price comparison
Exclusive! Switch, save and earn up to £30 cashback!
To see how much this tariff can save you using our Ofgem approved energy calculator, please enter your postcode in the box below. As energy prices vary by region, this enables us to identify the region of the UK you are from and therefore present you with an accurate comparison. Alternatively, call us on 0800 320 2000 (lines open: 8.45am - 5.30pm).