Double Glazing quotes
- Depending on your current windows, you could save up to £165 per year on energy bills
- Energy-efficient glazing reduces heat loss through windows meaning you'll feel more comfortable
- Enjoy the peace and quiet of double glazed windows insulating your home against outside noise
- Double Glazing means less condensation build-up on the inside of windows
- A smaller carbon footprint
Savings and costs
All properties lose heat through their windows. But energy-efficient glazing keeps your home warmer and quieter as well as reducing your energy bills. For exampe, replacing all single-glazed windows with B-rated double glazing could save you around £165 per year on your energy bills.
The costs and savings for energy-efficient glazing will be different for each home and each window, depending on the size, material and installer.
How to choose double glazing
- Choose from a range of frame materials and styles, including uPVC, wooden, aluminum, steel and composite
- Professional window installers will fit the windows for you
- Double-glazed windows have two sheets of glass with a gap between them. Extra efficient windows use gases such as argon or in between the sheets of glass
- The most energy-efficient glass for double glazing is low emissivity (Low-E) glass
- For maximum efficiency ask about 'warm edge' spacers. These help prevent heat from leaving around the inside edges of the windows