Tonik Energy | Compare Gas & Electric Prices | UK Power
Who is Tonik?
One of the UK’s newer energy suppliers, Tonik was launched in 2016 with the aim of helping customers generate their own energy and halve their energy bills by 2021.
Tonik has a grand idea of how household energy should be used and produced in the future, with solar panels, in-home battery storage, and electric vehicle charging being at the heart of every home. To help with this, Tonik also sells solar PV panels, home battery storage and chargers for electric vehicles.
As part of its commitment to renewable energy sources, the Birmingham-based supplier sells only 100% renewable electricity tariffs and is one of the few who offer a green gas option. Although this is only 10% green gas - produced from animal and vegetation waste - Tonik invests in carbon reduction projects to help offset the carbon of the remaining 90% of its gas.
And, as part of its commitment to its customers, Tonik regularly updates customers on their energy usage and offers advice on ways to save, and even pays 3% interest on in-credit balances up to £1,000.
What is Tonik’s fuel mix?
Electricity is generated from a combination of different fuels, including nuclear, coal and renewable sources (wind, hydro and solar). The different amounts of each fuel contributed makes up a supplier’s fuel mix.
Here is Tonik’s fuel mix as of April 1, 2018 to March 31, 2019:
|Electricity supplied by Tonik % of total
|Average for GB (for comparison) % of total
Tonik’s renewable source mix for 2019 breaks down as follows:
- Wind power - 9%
- Solar power - 91%
- Hydroelectric -0%
- Biomass - 0%
- Tidal power - 0%
How to compare gas and electricity prices from Tonik
To compare energy deals, just pop your postcode in the box at the top of the page and you’ll be taken to our price comparison tool.
Once there, just enter a few more details about your current supplier and we’ll show you a list of energy deals from a wide range of providers, along with the annual amount you could save by switching.
To specifically compare So Energy tariffs, click on the Tonik logo in the ‘Choose suppliers’ section of the results page.
How to switch to Tonik
Once you’ve found the Tonik tariff that best suits your needs and budget, click ‘Choose plan’, and we’ll take care of the rest - letting both your old and new suppliers know about the energy switch.
If you’d prefer to talk to one of our energy experts, give us a call on 0800 320 2000, and we'll help you get a better deal for your energy.
To get the most accurate quotes, grab a recent energy bill and try to have the following details to hand:
- The name of your current gas and electricity supplier
- How you pay your energy bills (eg direct debit, prepayment meter, etc.)
- The name of the current tariff you’re on.
- The amount of energy you use, or the amount you spend on energy each month, quarter or year.
Don’t worry if you don't have this information available, we can still run quotes based upon the size of your property.
Our service is free and impartial, and our experts compare prices across the market to find a tariff that suits your needs and your budget.
How to switch energy supplierHow to switch energy supplier with UKPower. Simply enter your postcode and we'll compare energy prices from a range of suppliers. You then choose the one you prefer and we'll take care of the rest.
How to contact Tonik
If you need to get in touch with Avro Energy, you can do in either of the following ways:
For more information, check out Tonik’s help page.
How to complain to Tonik
If you need to make a complaint about Tonik, you first need to raise the issue with them directly, to give them a chance to put it right.
If you manage your Tonik account online, log in to your and fill out the form within your account page under the contact us menu.
You can also register your complaint by calling 0333 344 2686 between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday.
Always make a note of the date and time you called, and take the name of any customer service team members you speak to.
You should always follow up your call with a letter or an email. You can write to Avro Energy at:
Tonik 145 Great Charles Street Queensway Birmingham B3 3LP
Or email your complaint to email@example.com
If your complaint isn’t resolved within eight weeks, or you’re unhappy with Tonik’s decision or handling of your complaint, you can then escalate your complaint to the energy ombudsman who can get Tonik to look at your complaint again, decide they made the right decision, or force them to give you a response to your complaint.
In some cases, the ombudsman might tell Tonik to offer you financial compensation.
You can get in touch with the energy ombudsman by visiting their website www.Ombudsman-Services.org/complain-now, emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, or calling 0330 440 1624.