Household appliances which are regularly serviced will burn more efficiency and help to reduce gas bills, according to industry experts.
The Carbon Monoxide Consumer Awareness Alliance (COCAA) has said that appliances which home owners ensure are serviced on a regular basis will not only keep the occupants safe from the dangers of carbon monoxide but will also help them to save money in the long term.
It adds that properties with gas-burning appliances which could create the dangerous substance should have carbon monoxide alarms fitted throughout the home.
Leigh Greenham, spokesperson for the COCAA, said: "If your appliance is regularly serviced, not only does it keep you safe, but it burns more efficiently so it will save you money on the amount of fuel that it consumes."
The COCAA aims to be the leading authority on carbon monoxide poisoning awareness and campaigning and consists of representatives from energy retailers and victim support charities.
Click here to run an energy price comparison, and see if you could be paying less for your gas and electricity.