Who supplies my gas and electricity?

Wondering who supplies your gas and electricity? Have you recently moved house or about to move into a new property?

If you’d like us to take away the hassle and find out this information for you, please fill in your details below.

About the property

About you

Alternatively, if you'd like to find out this information yourself, here's how to go about it.

Who is my gas supplier

To find out who your gas supplier is, call the M Number Enquiry Helpline on 0870 608 1524, this is a service provided by xoserve Ltd. They will tell you who your gas supplier is and can also give you your MPRN number which you may sometimes need when switching to a cheaper gas tariff.

Who is my electricity supplier

You can find out who your electricity supplier is by calling the local distribution company.

They should confirm the registered supplier and provide you with a contact number for the electricity provider by checking your address details and meter serial number (normally located on a sticker attached to the meter) on their records. It is useful to take a note of your properties Meter Point Administration Number (MPAN) for future reference.

The phone numbers for the distribution companies are below and are usually open normal 'office hours'.

Region & DistributorTelephone number
Eastern England EDF Energy0845 601 5467
East and West Midlands Central Networks0845 603 0618
London EDF Energy0845 600 0102
North Wales, Merseyside, Cheshire Sp Power Systems and North Shropshire0845 270 9101
North East England and CE Electric UK0845 601 3268
North West United Utilities 0870 751 0093
North Scotland SSE Power Distribution0845 026 2554
South Scotland SP Power Systems0845 270 9101
South East England (Kent & EDF Energy parts of Sussex and Surrey)0845 601 5467
Southern England SSE Power Distribution0845 026 2554
South Wales Western Power Distribution0845 601 5972
South West England Western Power Distribution0845 601 5972

Remember, if you have moved house, it’s general market practice to be automatically placed on your supplier’s more expensive ‘standard’ variable tariff. As such, once you have this information to hand, be sure to compare all the UK’s home energy deals through our Ofgem accredited comparison service. Alternatively, call one of our UK based energy experts on 0800 320 2000.

Home gas and electricity price comparison

Found this page interesting?

Help spread the word and share this page with your friends and family on your social networks.