Homeworkers should check their insurance

Beat the price hikes! Switch for the chance to WIN a TV!

Switch for the chance to win a TV (T&Cs apply)

in partnership with Banner uswitch

Looking to switch your business energy supplier? Click here

* Between 1 Jan 2018 and 30 Jun 2018, at least 10% of people who switched energy supplier for both gas & electricity with uSwitch saved £482 or more.

People who work from home should ensure that their insurance gives them adequate protection, it was argued this week.

The Association of British Insurers (ABI) warned that conventional home contents insurance policies may not give the right sort of cover they need, whether they are self-employed or employees.

Specialist equipment and sensitive paperwork may not be covered to the right level or even at all by conventional domestic contents policies, while the sort of risks that using one's home as a place of work may expose a homeworker's person and property to can also require specialist kinds of insurance.

Self-employed people working from home need specific business cover for their homes in these circumstances, the ABI insisted, while for employees, it may be necessary for their employers' insurance to provide cover.

"If there are clients visiting your home you need to make sure that your employer has that in their liability insurance coverage," spokesperson Malcolm Tarling said.

Click here to run an energy price comparison, and see if you could be paying less for your gas and electricity.

Found this page interesting?

Help spread the word and share this page with your friends and family on your social networks.

Cookies help us deliver our services. By using our services, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn more